Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John C Chao has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Chao has been a pleasure in helping with my health needs. He made sure to go through my medical history thoroughly and gave me plenty of information on how to treat my foot pain. He even went through great lengths to call me back at his leisure and even gives out his e-mail address!!! he is kind and eager to help come to his doorstep and i am thankful to have Dr. Chao as a physician. Now if only he treated more conditions than the foot and ankle, I would see his for all my medical concerns!!!!
The staff was awesome a two out of three doctors i met with were pleasant. But dr john chao was my worst experience with any entounter with a professional.when we ask about our options he repeatedly told us he foesnt care what decision we make he would go home and sleep like a baby. When we asked about the surgery he said well we would go in there and waut do you have insurance? Well you would need to surgeries but your case just one wecwould amputate the toe. my wife asked him will he be able to go back to his normal he answers well his life isnt normal. Ask my wife asks him another ? While telling us he doesnt have time for this he asked her what she did for a living???? He was so cold my wife left out in tears. It was so bad a nurse who we never met came in and asked was i ok and why did that doctor keep saying he does not care. As pleaded with this man to why the treatment we asked for another doctor. I could think of a few reasons why the treatment but what good will it d. Besides that the rest of the staff was awesome, very polite i felt comfortable and well tooken care of.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
11 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 2007
Dr. John C Chao accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPeachtree Orthopedic Clinic, 5505 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ste 600, Atlanta, GA
Dr. John C Chao is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.