Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John W Chatas has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. John W Chatas has the following 15 expertise
- Anticonvulsive Drugs
- Spinal Osteophytosis (Spondylosis)
- Neck Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Cancer Pain
- Compression Fractures
- Back Pain
- Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Acute Pain
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Chronic Pain
- Herniated Disc
Dr. John W Chatas has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John W Chatas is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Had problems with a procedure that was done. Had to take very strong pain medications to control unbearable pain that resulted from the procedure (which weren't there prior). He became frustrated with my care and finally discharged me from his care but only after writing prescriptions for more very strong narcotic pain medications (that required subsequent withdrawals) and Neuroontin, which if discontinued abruptly will cause SEIZURES!! He showed no care or concern about that!
Such a wonderful doctor. Great patient care, bedside manner, full of knowledge. I wouldn't know what I would do without him. He tried a couple different procedures on me until he found out what would work for me. He didn't give up. Also he sent me to other doctors that were also just as good as him, for physical therapy and a neurologist. He also has a GREAT staff which makes very visit so much better!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Chatas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1987
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. John W Chatas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsForest Health Medical Center, 135 S Prospect St, Ypsilanti, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John W Chatas in this video.
Dr. John W Chatas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ypsilanti, MI.