Dr. John Cheek Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Cheek Jr?

Friendly Dermatologist

Posted on November 1st, 2015

Willing to answer my questions

Efficient, accurate, kind and professional

Posted on December 12th, 2010

Horrible Experience!!!!!!

Posted on April 19th, 2010

I was referred to this doc by my primary doctor. I have a lipoma (non-cancer fattytumor)on my arm. I called and, when setting up my appointment, made it clear what I had and that I wanted it removed.The nightmare began when I called to set up the appointment. The women who worked to set the appointment seemed annoyed at the fact I called. I shook it off, primarily because I want this thing out of my arm ASAP. I arrived at the office 20 minutes early, and was told that my referral from the primary doc wasn't good enough. The rude woman at the desk stated that I should have gotten another kind of referral. She stated I could then either 1) pay for the procedure out of pocket, or 2) reschedule. I offered to go back to the primary doc and get what I needed. The rude assistant then stated I would have to wait. So I did. I watched the entire lobby empty until I was the only one...and then I was told they had the proper paperwork. So I finally get into the office and the doc pops in. He takes a quick look at my arm, says "yepp, thats a lipoma...I don't do those."The doc then refers me to a plastic surgeon. At this point I am flabbergasted. I had made it clear that I had a particular ailment, and what kind of treatment I was looking for...while making the appointment. To be told after the fact that, oops, I don't do that kind of work after all, is a slap in the face. Classic bait and switch. After being diagnosed and referred by my primary, after waiting weeks to see if the lipoma would go away, after taking off of work two hours early to see this guy, and then wait around that place for almost an hour, to be told that he actually doesn't deal with that kind of ailment is ridiculous. But it was good news for the doctor. He and his staff got a nice insurance payout for the visit. And it turns out he is friends with the plastic surgeon he referred me to. Bad news for them, I'd rather take an exacto knife and dig the lipoma out myself than deal with any of these jokers again. You have been warned!!!!!

Posted on January 25th, 2016