Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John M Coffey has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Showing 4 of 4
I have been a patient of Dr. Coffey's for 20 years and have always received excellent care, whether it was emergency surgery on a broken nose, asthma or wheezy chest I always get the best medical treatment. He is kind and caring, a good listener. He will recommend a specialist if needed. I appreciate that!
I saw Dr. coffey for the firt time when aI thought I was having and acid reflux or stomach ulcer problem. As I explained my symptoms to him he had a look on his face like he knew what was wrong right away.. Thinking I had a stomach ulcer I was supprised to hear he was sending me for an ultrasound because he thought I had gallstones! He was able to get me in to VIsalia Imaging for an ultrasound about an hour after my appt with him! Sure enought I had a gallbladder FULL of Gallstones! This was a Tuesday..He got me an appt with a surgeon the following Thursday..I ended up not liking that surgeon and finding a new one and Had both surgeries I needed and out of the hospital by that Friday!
Dr. Coffey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. John M Coffey accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. John M Coffey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Exeter, CA.