Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Cohen
Dr. John Cohen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, DC. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery and Trauma Surgery. Dr. Cohen is affiliated with Medstar Washington Hospital Center, Washington Adventist Hospital and National Rehabilitation Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. John Cohen has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Trauma Surgery
Trauma surgeons treat patients who come to emergency rooms and require surgery after any kind of accident. They know how to act quickly, assess the patient’s condition, and decide on a course of action. They work fast to coordinate with other physicians and specialists in the hospital if needed, such as neurosurgeons and radiologists, so they can properly diagnose the injury and stabilize patients.
Common trauma injuries include bleeding, burns, brain or other internal injuries, shock and loss of limbs. Because they treat patients in traumatic situations, they’re also typically skilled in offering some level of emotional support to help the patient cope with confusion and grief that may result from their accident.
Dr. John Cohen has the following 16 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Dr. John Cohen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Cohen was great! I would have loved to see him. However, his office staff is atrocious! I called 7 times in 6 days (during office hours) and never had the phone picked up -- or a message returned. With my insurance and FSA running out at the end of the month, I conceded defeat and changed doctors. It is impossible to make an appointment!
I ruptured my quadricep back in June. Spoke to 3 orthopedic surgeons before calling Dr Cohen. His staff sensed the urgency of my injury and had me come in the same day. Dr Cohen had me mobilized, medicated and registered for surgery in 2 days. He is direct and to the point and very clear about what to expect as well as what he expects from you as a patient. If anything else breaks tears or ruptures (God forbid) I will be right back with Dr C.
Dr. Cohen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Washington Adventist Hospital
National Rehabilitation Hospital
George Washington University Hospital
Holy Cross Hospital
38 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1978
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. John Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsREGENERATIVE ORTHOPEDICS AND SPORTS MEDICINE, 600 Pennsylvania Ave SE, Washington, DC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Cohen in this video.
Dr. John Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.