Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Coller
Dr. John Coller, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Burlington, MA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Colon and Rectal Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Coller is affiliated with Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and Lahey Clinic Hospital, Inc. Dr. Coller has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John Coller has the following 2 specialties
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. John Coller has the following 12 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Bowel Resection
- Colon Cancer
- Fecal Incontinence
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Pain
Dr. John Coller is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Coller is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center
Lahey Clinic Hospital, Inc
48 Years Experience
University of Pennsylvania
Graduated in 1965
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLAHEY HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER, 41 Mall Rd, Burlington, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Coller in this video.
Dr. John Coller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burlington, MA.