Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John P Corwin has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. John P Corwin has the following 22 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Clinical Depression
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Developmental Disorders
Dr. John P Corwin has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John P Corwin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I can't believe that this doctor is getting away with all his ways of being a what you so call a phycirast. This man put me and my family through the worst nightmare you could not even believe! Getting over charged and money for his pocket is the least concern as others have stated on reviews. After I figured out what he was doing to make problems worse and did not care about us and stopped going to him I felt like I was detoxing from something bad. My family and I are so much happier without him now. The best thing we could ever do is leave. Stay away and save your selves
This man nearly caused a huge family crises when all I went to him was to stop my depression due to a loss in a close relative! Also over charged for just about anything that he could I was so broke that I had to sell my classic corvette that my grandpa handed down to me because I was so desperate to feel better and after going to him for over a year I got so much worse and he had to get family relatives in too and created big problems and put me on so many meds that made me feel so much worse I got hospitalized coming from the ER !all it was all caused by the wrong multiple meds and also I found out he uses meds purposely to make you feel worse to keep you going to him. After stopping him and going to a good referred phycirasts I see a world now!This man is dangerous and sneaky he totally reminds me of the snake from the jungle book even his voice too! Especially the way the snake sings trust in me over and over and hypnotized the poor boy living in the jungle. This doctor will do that to you he needs your money so he can buy another Porsche! Stay far away!!!
Charges for phone calls that he initiated, Did charge extra for few minutes after session was over prescription given to me where I was so sick I had to cancel appointment and charged me anyway forced me to take these meds and said if I don't take them. He will have me arrested. I'm off meds stopped going and feel way better. Stay away for your safety!
44 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. John P Corwin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & DirectionsFanelli Connie R Phd, 17 Woodland Rd, Madison, CT
Dr. John P Corwin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison, CT.