3.2

Good Surgeon bad bedside manner

Dr. Cory is a great surgeon but his communication skills really need improvement. He is always in a hurry and if he has students in the room while he is diagnosing you GOOD LUCK! He spends more time talking to them then with you. He had recommended orthotics for me several years before my ankle surgery then he wanted me out of them after my surgery because my feet were weak. He said he never recommends orthotics to his patients with the intention of wearing them all the time. This was news to me. At my last visit he was upset with me because my therapist thought I needed to wear the orthotics because my feet were in constant pain. He said I was arguing with him when in fact I was only discussing. I caught him rolling his eyes at his note taker. Very unprofessional. At the end of our session he left the room with no plan of care. Only to wear certain shoes. Did not have the decency to tell me my care was done. So unprofessional. I will never go back.

James H

This guy is worthless, simple planter problem . Save your money go to someone who knows what they are doing and cares about the patient.

Long Story

Dr. Cory performed 3 surgeries on my feet. The first surgery left my foot super sore & swollen. He claimed I had arthritis in a couple of toes. That was news to me esp. since I never had a complaint about my toes. The second foot that he operated on, he claimed he put a plate in it. Well I went to two other foot surgeons, no one could find a plate. Both of the other surgeons were puzzled since there was hardly anything done except to leave that foot with a huge scar and in constant pain. Since the first foot was still bothering me, he said it was necessary to fix it. Long story short, he NEVER received approval from my insurance co., his office said they did, my ins. co. refuses to pay. I kept returning only because he and his associate have a great bedside manner and their staff was a pleasure to be around. Now my 2 big toes lean on the toe next to them. Buying shoes that are even half comfortable is almost impossible. My experience was a nightmare. Also, I have developed very bad back problems. As it turns out, I was told my back problems are related to my feet!!! Oh, by the way, had to have surgery on my back. Have your eyes wide open before you make a decision on surgery.

8 week post op hardware removal ! Thank you Dr. Cory for an excellent surgery outcome . You were right in suggesting some of my ankle hardware be removed . It has made a huge difference ! Most of my numbness is gone , I am walking without a limp and over all 5 star improvement ! This trimaellor fracture of my left ankle was life changing to say the least . It’s been a long journey and I am very grateful to have found you . You are an amazing surgeon and a kind ,thoughtful caring Man . The only sad thing is having no reason to see you again ! I wish you the best and I will eternally be grateful to you . Sincerely ,Roxanne Marshallsay

Not worth the wait

At first I thought I stumbled -- accurate word -- across a really great practice. To coin a phrase: WRONG! The messy looking waiting room is pretty much indicative of how the scheduling is handled. Little regard for individuals time. Looks like three patients are booked into one fifteen minute time slot. He may have had a PA at one time and that helped the flow better but now it's an interminable wait time for a few quick minutes with the doc who doesn't seem to be quite as focused on the issue at hand....or foot. It's not the ease of the appointment, it's the length of the wait and the brevity of time with the provider

Not worth the wait

Great ortho doc!

I really liked Dr. Cory. I had a lisfranc injury and fracture, and he was able to treat it without surgery. (Another surgeon told me I had to have an invasive surgery.) He's casual, cool, and very helpful .

On my second visit I waited 65 minutes past the app't. & the doctor spent less than 5 min. Today, I got in with little waiting but after 1 min. 11sec. (I used my phone timer)Dr. Cory answered his cell and then just left. I had to request more time as an assist. came in to hand me a prescription and said I was done....

Dr. John W Cory is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.