Grass Pollen Allergy
Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy, including the types of grass that cause it, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John G Costouros has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
My experience with Dr. Costouros was a disaster. I arrived 10 minutes early for my appointment. I was seen 2 hours after the scheduled appointment time. When the Dr. did come in, he called me "James" (my name is "Taylor"), and asked if I had an issue with my hand (I was there to get my shoulder examined). He spent less than 2 minutes total speaking with me, and failed to provide anything that might resemble a diagnosis. He simply prodded and jabbed my shoulder, and then quickly departed the room, saying his physician assistant would help me. I am fully insured through Stanford University, but the Doctor was unable to tell me (1) how much my visit cost (2) what my co-pay might be (3) whether an MRI he ordered would be covered by insurance (4) who I might be able to talk to who would know the cost and co-pay information (5) whether I needed physical therapy (6) If I needed physical therapy, where I could get it; (7) whether physical therapy would be covered by insurance, or where I could find out where it would be so covered; (8) whether I needed to come back for a return visit -- I later found out that I did. In short, this doctor was appalling. I can only hope that future patients read this review before subjecting themselves to the misery of treatment as his callous hands. Kind regards.
I cannot say enough positive things about my experience with Dr. Costouros. I was recommended to him by several coworkers who have seen him and have had excellent outcomes for a complicated shoulder problem that other doctors could not figure out. He was clear and compassionate. A great man and surgeon. I would recommend him any day.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
30 Years Experience
University Of California San Francisco School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. John G Costouros accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsStanford Medicine Outpatient Center, 450 Broadway St, Redwood City, CA
Dr. John G Costouros is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redwood City, CA.