Dr. John A Cowan Jr Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. John A Cowan Jr?

Don't expect much

My daughter has 2 compression fractures in her spine and is in pain. This clown prescribed her a low dose narcotic that she has to take every 4 hours around the clock. She was given enough to last for 10 days. She was given 2 ten day refills but all of a sudden he decided that she was taking too much and refused to give her any more. She has to wear a brace for 3 months minimum and it's only been 5 weeks. I guess that oath to "do no harm" really didn't mean much. She was treated like a drug addict even though she has a broken spine. Terrible staff and service as well. Harbin Clinic used to be caring. Boy has that changed!

He felt my age and health precluded me from further treatment of a compression fracture of a vertebrae. ..I disagree have gone through a lot back surgery would be a walk in the park...he is to timid

He was able to help me when no one else did over aa lot of years, most just wanted to treat the pain.

No more neck pain

Dr Cowan knows what he is doing he don't use medical terms that you don't understand he talks to you not at you and I like when he prayed before he did surgery and when I went back for my check up he walked in the room smiling because he knew he made a differents in my health thus is dr.cowan now I can go back to work with no pIn

So thankful

Dr Cowan is very "real" he speaks plain so that you can understand what needs to be done to help you. He has done two back surgeries on me and I have been pleased with both. I found his willingness to pray before surgery a surprise but I was VERY happy to have my doctor pray for me. I woke from anesthesia telling dr Cowan he was on my top 10 list of favorite people because I woke up pain free. I still have to be careful but I am worlds better than I was.

Rebuttal To November's opinion

EXCELLENT AND CARING

Dr. Cowan is an excellent surgeon. He was very caring and kind. He made certain we knew what was going to go on during surgery and eased all of our concerns. We have recommended him to everyone we know that has been in need of a neurosurgeon and he has performed successful surgeries on many of our friends since our experiences. If it is fixable he will fix it! :)

Dr. Cowan performed my neck surgery

This Dr. made sure we tried every other option before considering surgery. I was very nervous, he was very reassuring and conformting. He explained everything and answered every question I had, i never felt rushed. Right before my surgery he came in and prayed with me. I have never felt so comforted and well taken care of. He had to remove 3 disc and arthiritis. It has been 4 weeks since my surgery - I feel like a new woman - thanks to this wonderful man!!!

Excellant surgeon. Takes the time to know his patients and their problems. Very thorough and concise. Great staff! I would highly recommend him!

Dr. John A Cowan Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rome, GA.