Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John R Cranton
Dr. John R Cranton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mobile, AL, with another office in Mobile, AL. He has 57 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Cranton is affiliated with Thomas Hospital. Dr. Cranton has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John R Cranton has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. John R Cranton has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. John R Cranton has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
I was diagnosed Bi Polar by a female doctor that I consider a sadist. She liked to start me on a medication then take me off "cold turkey" a few months later. I would go into a deep depression, stop eating, and just sit in one spot rocking 24 hours a day. Once I lost 40 pounds. I guess she didn't want to use the slow withdrawal method. The best thing that ever happened to me was when she decided that she didn't want to deal with medicare, and referred me to Dr. Cranton. He is outstanding in everyway possible. I feel that he really cares for his patients, and that I will never find anyone better when he decides to retire. He has promised to match me with the right doctor whenever necessary. He also works well with my primary care doctor, neurologist, and husband. Dr. John Cranton has made my life so much better, and he has my total trust. Thank you, Dr. Cranton for being there for me.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Cranton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
57 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1961
Wilford Hall Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. John R Cranton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.