Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John N Cruz has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 14
I have been to his "office" IF that's what you want to call that pig pen. Never saw him wash/sanitize his hands after seeing previous patients, his appearance is raggedy and appalling for a doctor. Sanitary conditions are nil. He appears prone to have outbursts of anger; at one time years back he was an excellent physician however, now forget it. He writes scrips like parking tickets. Office staff? What office staff? Its extremely difficult to make appointments via telephone and your fortunate that if you do make one, you find him there! Stay away! P.S. : I have heard he does make house calls.
Dr. Cruz's diagnostic skills and level of knowledge about infectious diseases and other medical conditions are unbelievable. He also takes the time to listen, allows me to give my opinion, allows me to present him with information I've found, and then together we make decisions on my treatment. He is encouraging and supportive of my efforts to improve my health. I can't imagine having another Primary Care Provider, even though he is not affiliated with the local hospital. He has saved my life, and gotten me back on track to a better quality of life.
Dr. Cruz has been my PCP for 10 years. He has helped me thru drug addiction, epilepsy, injuries sustained in child labor, bipolar disorder, severe anxiety and panic didorder, carpal tunnel, etc, etc. He has been a friend as well as a wonderful physician. He listens to me, and uses his professional expertise to come to a correct diagnosis. He also listens to my personal problems andn helps me thru that, which i know is beyond his realm of responsibility. I am comfortable talking with him about whatever is going on with me and my health. I never feel judged,and his professionalism and that of his staff is at a high standard. I wouldnt have any other PCP as long as Dr. Cruz is in practice.
I don't know how good of Dr. he is when you not allowed to pactice at a hospital. I feel he over perscribes. I had a really problem when he overperscribe medications to my husband and did not inform him of the proper way to take them. He got in to alot of trouble. I do have to say that if you needs a referal you normal do not wait and gets done in a timely fashion.
36 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines
Graduated in 1982
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Dr. John N Cruz accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohn Norbert Cruz Md, 24 Conkey Ave Ste 200A, Norwich, NY
Dr. John N Cruz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norwich, NY.