Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John D Abad has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. John D Abad has the following 3 expertise
- Gene Therapy
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
Dr. John D Abad has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
We were sent home by a local hospital and told that there was nothing more that they could do for us and then we were recommended to go to see Dr. John D. Abad at the Goshen Cancer Care Center. He scheduled my husband for surgery and they removed 55 lbs. of tumor from his abdomen and then proceeded with the hot chemo in the stomach cavity for 90 minutes and then they removed it and he is doing absolutely wonderful!! Dr. John Abad saved my husbands life when other hospitals gave him "no hope." I will always remember how kind he and his office staff were and still are to us. We have "graduated" now to going every 6 months to see them for our checkups and I thank God every day for the wonderful staff and surgeons at the Goshen Cancer Care Center. I still think that they need to include "Appendix Cancer" as one of the cancers that they treat for people. I know that it is a rare cancer but there are about 25 people per year in the U.S. who get it and they need to know that it isn't always terminal. Goshen gives you HOPE!! God bless every one of them there!! I can't say enough!
16 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. John D Abad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. John D Abad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warrenville, IL.