Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Anderson
Dr. John Anderson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ocala, FL. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology. Dr. Anderson is affiliated with Kindred Hospital - North Florida, Ocala Regional Medical Center and Munroe Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Anderson has the following 1 specialty
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 5
I've had Crohn's Disease for 37 years and, with insurance changes, needed to switch doctors. I was recommended to Dr. Anderson and am glad I was. ALL of my doctors, both in FL and NY, have been amazing. He's as knowledgeable, thorough, kind, and helpful as any doctor I've ever had. I just called his office today at 3:00PM for a follow-up appointment since I'm not feeling well, and I have an appointment for tomorrow at 3:00PM. You can't ask for a quicker appointment than that!!!
I'm 52 years old and have had Chron's Disease for 35 years. I've had only four doctors in all those years but, due to an insurance issue, I'm in need of a fifth. I was referred to Dr. Anderson by my primary care doctor's office. Dr. Anderson's office staff is caring, wonderful, friendly, and courteous. Dr. Anderson is very easy to talk to and he really listens to you, his patient. He is extremely knowledgeable and has a wonderful bed-side manner. If you are in need of a gastroenterologist in the Ocala, FL, area, I highly recommend him.
Dr. Anderson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kindred Hospital - North Florida
Ocala Regional Medical Center
Munroe Regional Medical Center
Baptist Med Center-Bch
Mayo Clinic Florida Hospital
25 Years Experience
St. George's University
Graduated in 1988
Dr. John Anderson accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1302 SE 25th Loop, Ocala, FL
Dr. John Anderson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ocala, FL.