The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. John D Conroy Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
Dr. John D Conroy Jr has the following 18 expertise
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Dr. John D Conroy Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 16
His staff was very lackadaisal about getting tests shxeuled and seeing that follow up was done. The doctor was very poor about following up on test results and medication instructions. In one i nstance after three phone calls the doctor called back and said he didn't have results but would go into the office on a weekend to,look up results and advise us. He never did this and didn't respond to our cal,s through his answering service. We are very disappointed and will be switching practices. I do not recommend him to anyone.
I had a horrible experience with this doctor, I left his office crying and angry. He should not be treating human beings, as a matter of fact I would not recommend him to any animal lover. I have never had a doctor talk to me or treat me the way this man did. I am a Chritian woman and he made me come close to defiling my religion. I will be filing formal charges against this man. He is a disgrace to medicine.
Identified and attacked my cancer with a passion that only fellow military can find in a caring deticated person. Makes you feel you are the only person he is commited to save this week. He put together the right medications to bring me from stage 4 cancer to cancer free (for right now) when I had about 6 months left. His staff is also hard working and diticated.
37 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. John D Conroy Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John D Conroy Jr, DO - Hematology and Oncology in Harrisburg, PA, in this video.
Dr. John D Conroy Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Harrisburg, PA.