- 41 years of experience
- Speaks English
- The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
- 1 specialty
- 10 expertise
- 1 location
Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John D Fisher has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. John D Fisher has the following 10 expertise
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Vision Issues
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Pain
- Eye Exam
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Dr. John D Fisher has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
41 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1977
Scott & White Memorial Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVa Austin Clinic, 2901 Montopolis Dr, Austin, TX
Dr. John D Fisher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.