Dr. John Johnson Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. John Johnson?

MKore than an hour waiting in the exam room

Posted on August 9th, 2017

I saw Johnson on 8/817. I was referred by my family physician on the basis of X-ray findings. My appointment was actually with his nurse practitioner. After waiting for about an hour, I left the exam room (in a gown) and approached the desk, asking when I was going to be seen. I was told the nurse practitioner was on her way. Ten or fifteen minutes later, Dr. Johnson came in. I enquired about his nurse practitoner, and he replied that he was seeing me because I had a "hiissy-fit." That was an unprofessional thing to say. The consultation went down hill from there. He is obviously overworking his practitioner and underworking himself. Also, there was no medical justification for putting me in a gown because I was there for an evaluation of neck problems (cervical spine). I wonder if they put patients in gowns to discourage them from making enquiries after long waits (they either have to put themselves out there in a gown as I did, or get dressed first).

Posted on May 26th, 2017

I feel he cares and is a wonderful surgeon., I just didn't get all the info I needed to make an informed decision. I am in a pain crisis and can't perform my job. I need more information.

Posted on March 3rd, 2017

Was still in pain after he released me 1 yr after surgery. Not sure if this was to make the surgery look successful.

Staff is rude.

Posted on August 26th, 2016

He was very knowledgeable. He did my review and ordered more test (I just had an MRI) that was suppose to be after I had PT to see if PT was helping. They scheduled the test two day after I started PT. I could not afford another co-payment and PT so I wanted to reschedule the test until after PT. His nurse called and canceled my follow-up appointment because I did not have my test done. She was very rude and hateful. Have tried numerous times to schedule the test and an follow up appointment with no success. Will not go back and do not recommend.

Never going back

Posted on October 14th, 2015

He is rude condescending and spent 5 minutes with me had 10 am appointment waited over 6 hours staff was rude won't go back

Posted on April 13th, 2015

Dr Johnson gets right to the point in such a good way. I found that in my case he was so knowledgable that he would pretty much answer all my questions before I could read them from my paper. His surgical technique was flawless with no complications. I really like him.

Crainiotomy in 2012

Posted on September 27th, 2013

Dr. Johnson successfully clipped my very large aneurysm and I was out of the hospital within a week. While always in a hurry, he was informative and efficient. Understandable to me given the low number of Neurosurgeons and high medical need. A year and a half later I am doing well and am grateful that I can still lead a normal life for the most part. I am easily fatigued and will take seizure meds for the rest of my life but I have a life thanks to him, Leonard , and the rest of their team at Huntsville Hospital. Rock on Doc!!

Not Impressed

Posted on August 25th, 2013

Great surgeon. Extremely nice. Does great work.

Posted on March 23rd, 2013

I saw Dr. Johnson for lumbar micro surgery. My surgery went great, and I was up walking around, gingerly, by the end of the day. Dr. Johnson and his staff went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable and at ease. For anyone who is nervous about this surgery, like I was, the procedure isn't that bad. There is some soreness, but I felt better after surgery than I did during the months leading in. I would recommend to Dr. Johnson to anyone.

Posted on February 26th, 2013

He is a total Jerk I waited four hours to even see him He was very dismissive and rude His physicians assistant spent more time with me then he did And he ordered test that I had just had taken I don't get it and he was a complete jerk And the patient in the waiting room Told me he paralyzed her brother would not recommend Him Andrew any circumstances. Trust me I'm getting a second opinion

micro surgury back pain

Posted on May 9th, 2012

it has been six years since Dr. Johnson performed micro surgury on my back still doing great thanks for restoring my life

Posted on March 19th, 2012

Dr Johnson operated on my husband's back and was wonderful through the entire process. He sat down when he came into the hospital room each morning and gave us his undivided attention. I really appreciate that.