Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. John Longwell Jr
Dr. John Longwell Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mountain View, CA, with another office in San Jose, CA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Longwell is affiliated with John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus, Regional Medical Center of San Jose and El Camino Hospital. Dr. Longwell has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John Longwell Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 2 of 4
I have seen Dr. John Longwell at the Saratoga Medical Clinic, Saratoga, CA on numerous occasions. I mention this as it is a walk in - emergency clinic. He is always very professional, caring and truly listens to what I have to say before examining and forming his opinion as to the treatment I need. An appointment can be made the day before to see him or I can come in the on the needed day without the appointment and wait my turn. True emergencies prolong the wait to see him and this is as it should be. I find him to be a very caring knowledgeable physician and will recommend him to anyone who asks!
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Longwell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
Regional Medical Center of San Jose
El Camino Hospital
Regional Med Ctr Of San Jose, San Jose, Ca
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
46 Years Experience
University of Chicago
Graduated in 1967
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. John Longwell Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mountain View, CA.