Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John D Merlino has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John D Merlino has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Cardiovascular Disease
- High Cholesterol
Dr. John D Merlino has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
This doctor(?) is a very hurtful and uncaring person. He treats people with contempt and talked down to me. I talked with another doctor and it seems he treats his peers the same way. His nurse told me that I needed a stent and I refused. He also wanted to put in a filter which I see on television is the wrong thing, lawyers are looking into this. He also gave me drugs I was allergic to. He appears to just be out for the money and does not care about a patients well being. If you don't agree with him he writes detrimental notes about you. He instructed a woman I know to get a pace maker and after it was put in another doctor took it out saying she did not need it.
My husband had a stroke while we were driving 70 mph on I 20 on Saturday afternoon. I was able to steer the car and save our lives. Dr. Merlino's office was notified and a call finally came from one of the office girls on MONDAY at 2:10 to check on him. We left 3 phone numbers, hospital info, gave the hospital doctors approval to speak and share with Dr. Merlino but not one of the doctors or nurses could be bothered to even see if he survived. We changed to a REAL doctor.
Dr. Merlino is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1983
Dr. John D Merlino accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEmory University Hospital Midtown, 550 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John D Merlino in this video.
Dr. John D Merlino is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.