Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Obrien
Dr. John Obrien, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Obrien is affiliated with York Hospital, Mt Sinai Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Obrien has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
- Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Abuse
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Obrien is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mt Sinai Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Southside Hospital
Mount Sinai Hospital
49 Years Experience
Graduated in 1964
St Josephs Hospital Health Center
Dr. John Obrien accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJOHN D OBRIEN MD, 117 E 37th St, New York, NY
Dr. John Obrien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.