Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John D Pappas
Dr. John D Pappas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Corpus Christi, TX. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pappas is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center, Christus Spohn Hospital Kleberg and Dubuis Hospital Of Corpus Christi. He speaks English.
Dr. John D Pappas has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I really like Dr. Pappas, and feel he is a very good cardiologist. However his hands are tied by a horrible front desk, antiquated procedures and lack prompt testing. After complaining for years, I found out my original bypass had been done improperly by a now-retired surgeon. This was discovered in a matter of days after going to Houston for treatment. Sorry, I can't risk Corpus Christi care.
Dr. Pappas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. John D Pappas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardiology Associates, 1521 S Staples St Ste 700, Corpus Christi, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John D Pappas in this video.
Dr. John D Pappas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Corpus Christi, TX.