Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John D Stokes MD
Dr. John D Stokes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Champaign, IL. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. He speaks English.
Dr. John D Stokes has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. John D Stokes has the following 13 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Lipid Disorders
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. John D Stokes - Posted on March 27th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. John D Stokes - Posted on August 25th, 2015
Dr. Stokes said I would be OK and sent me home with no medication after he diagnosed me with Graves disease. I went back to him 2 more times I told him my sympotoms. I was noticibly sick. He sent me home with nothing. No information on the disease and no medication for my overactive thyroid. I was so confused. He has to be the worse dorctor I have ever been to. I left Christie Clinic after I ended up in the hospital because of this disease.
Self-verified patient of Dr. John D Stokes - Posted on April 4th, 2015
Happy to be seen by an endrocrinologist for out of control diabetes (high blood sugar.) First diagnosed in 2007, first doctor to check the condition of my feet! - Thorough exam, labs, physical, mental outlook; he reviewed all medications and vitamins. As a result prescribed a non-insulin weekly injection, sugars began normalizing the following day.. He referred me to a nutritionist to help with a long term plan.
Self-verified patient of Dr. John D Stokes - Posted on May 28th, 2013
Every appointment complain about severe heat intolerance, insomnia and anxiety and I got my medical records and he wrote in his notes that patient has NO complaints. I had thyroid cancer and it was completely removed. He also wrote my history down wrong too! He flat out told me I get too hot because "I'm thick!!!" Didn't want to do necessary paperwork to get my insurance to cover scripts of name brand meds. Overall he's a jerk and I'm switching. I also think test results should be given over the phone and not require a trip just to be ignored or insulted!
Self-verified patient of Dr. John D Stokes - Posted on March 20th, 2013
43 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. John D Stokes Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsJOHN D STOKES MD, 1801 W Windsor Rd, Champaign, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John D Stokes, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Champaign, IL, in this video.
Dr. John D Stokes is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Champaign, IL.