Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John T Deel
Dr. John T Deel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charleston, WV. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Surgery. Dr. Deel has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John T Deel has the following 2 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
Dr. John T Deel has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. John T Deel has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John T Deel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
This was my 2nd Open Heart surgery in 2 years. The first was 5 bypasses and this time around was an Aortic valve replacement. I didn't even consider anyone else for this surgery after the first time. It's been 3 weeks now and just got my staples out and am doing well. Wendy and Dr. Deel are very professional in all areas of there profession. I hope I don't have to go back any time soon, but if I do, I will go to them. Thank you both for caring for me, you are both awesome. Mike
Dr. Deel and Wendy ( Nurse ) did five bypasses on my heart. No prolbems and back to work in eight weeks. I am getting ready to have my Aortic valve replaced next week almost two years later to the day. I never even considered another Doctor to do the replacement. I highly recommend Dr. Deel and his staff with your heart needs. I am looking forward to leaving another good review after my aortic valve replacement. Thank you Dr. Deel and Wendy for the help you have been in my life.
This man saved my life. I'm a 21 year old with ovarian cancer who had been receiving chemo through an infusaport. I had a seizure at work and was rushed to the hospital. Dr. Deel found that I had a huge blood clot flapping in my right atrium that was going to end my life if it detached. Dr. Deel managed to perform surgery and remove it before it could detach and travel to my lungs. This man is my hero
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
23 Years Experience
Marshall University Joan C Edwards School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. John T Deel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsIHCPI, 3100 Maccorkle Ave SE Ste 301, Charleston, WV
Dr. John T Deel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, WV.