Dr. John Defrate Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. John Defrate?

Absolutely Fabulous!

Posted on March 15th, 2011

My husband and son both see Dr. Defrate. He's the best Psychiatrist we've ever come in contact with, and we've seen many. He met my husband in the psychiatric floor in Wilmington Hospital. This was my husbands 9th hospital stay. Now, his mental state is better than it's been since childhood, and his psychosis has been completely eliminated. My son's severe ADHD is so well controlled now he actually made honor roll this year. Judging by other reviews, I suspect most people feel a psychiatrist is the same as a therapist. NOT SO. Dr. Defrate prescribes medication for your disorders! He is NOT there for a 45 minute therapy session. He always recommends his patients see a therapist in conjunction with medication, and works with your therapist so medication and therapy coincide. Lastly, Rockwood hospital, is in my experience, the WORST mental hospital (in 4 states, mind you) that I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. I had my husband transferred out of there. In speaking with patients in Wilmington Hospital who had also been to Rockwood, everyone told the same stories. Dr's were ok, but drugs, alcohol, and fights were constant, no staff oversight, therapy was a joke, etc... Be wary of anything anyone tells you over there!

Posted on October 27th, 2010

Overmedicated my daughter according to the Dr.s at Rockford Center. Never asked how she was after telling me to take her to Rockford.

Over prescribes

Posted on September 20th, 2010

My daughter saw Dr. DeFrate for a number of years. He never spent much time with her, just increased her meds if she wasn't feeling well. She ended up with a full blown psychosis and hospitalized at Rockford Center. The Dr.s there said she had extremely high dosage of Prozac which combined with her other meds, produced her psychoses. Dr. DeFrate never followed up on how she was. Very dangerous.

Posted on July 20th, 2017