Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John W Degroote has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
this was along time ago back in 2003 or so. Was checking to see if he had been sued yet. This Dr. does not know how to listen to his patients, and I went through heck for about 6 months bc he would not listen to me. I was seeing him as new patient and he put me on celexa or whatever it was called , but didn't explain i still needed to take my other meds from a previous doctor. I complained about leg cramps he told me to take benedryl. i called and complained a few times about my legs hurting and how i felt really strange, he just put it off as me going off my diet or whatever, he never asked me important questions. My blood pressure was constantly dropping i gained a ton of water weight, couldn't eat, legs hurt all the time walking short distances, speech became impaired. so one day I am trying to get my meds refilled and walmart could not reach him, I was out of all my meds. so I called the emergncy line, by this time my speech was severely impaired by my swollen tongue. of course he asked me to come in and have my blood checked. Then i had a follow up the next day and he blamed me for not taking my medicine correctly. yes we had a miscommunication maybe, but he never explained things, never apologized, and never listened when i complained.
The only positive comment I can give is he has a very friendly office staff. This man does not understand complicated thyroid disorders. He will just run a normal TSH and send you out the door. If you question him he and try to explain your symptoms he will tell you that you need psychiatric help and your symptoms are in your head because he does not understand thyroid disorders. So please find another physican as this man is not any help!
Dr John Degroote is a very smart and very effecient doctor. I have used him for a long time. He is good at diagnosing problems, but his bedside manner is not good. I'd rather have his expertise more than bedside manner, but he should be more personable with you. He has an opinion about me that is dead wrong and when I tried to talk to him about it, he just turned it around to try to prove that he was right. But a person knows themselves better than anyone and he should have been more open in discussing this with me. I think he is wonderful at what he does, but I realized that we had a bit of a problem and that he would be retiring before long, so I started going to another internist last week. That was my first visit with him. He's real young so I hope he will practice in our area for a long time.
Dr. Degroote is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Hennepin County Medical Center
Dr. John W Degroote accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohn W Degroote Pc, 4211 Hospital St Ste 102, Pascagoula, MS
Dr. John W Degroote is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pascagoula, MS.