Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John H Dokko has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Showing 5 of 14
My husband has been quite ill and has seen Dr. Dokko more than once. I have been with him. The good doctor has spent ample time with us, answered all our questions and been quite supportive. While I have always preferred an M.D. for my own reasons, Dr. Dokko seems quite knowledgeable and has been more than helpful.
After three days of a very painful sore throat, high fever, all over body pain, and very pain neck, I went to see Dr. Dokko, He is in the same practice with my internist, who was off that day. Dr. Dokko put me on Amoxicillin without doing any sort of strep test. He looked in my throat and said it was a "little red." When I complained of an excruciatingly sore neck, he examined it and told me I must have pulled a muscle at the gym, and told me to put a heating pad on it. With 102 fever? He also gave me a prescription for Skelaxin, a muscle relaxer. I in fact had hugely swollen glands. He then recommended taking a probiotic pill from the drugstore. I suggested eating yogurt instead. He shrugged, with no reply. When it was time to submit my Rx to a pharmacy, I asked him for the name and hours of the pharmacy located on the SMG campus. He had no idea. I am 56, and have yet to find a doctor who is unable to accurately diagnose a strep throat. He just might be the worst doctor I have ever seen. Would someone at SMG please evaluate this guy?
Dr. Dokko is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Winthrop University Hospital
Dr. John H Dokko accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsSummit Medical Group, 1 Diamond Hill Rd, Berkeley Heights, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John H Dokko in this video.
Dr. John H Dokko is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Berkeley Heights, NJ.