Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. John J Dooner has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. John J Dooner has the following 1 expertise
Dr. John J Dooner has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John J Dooner is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 6
Wow where do you want me to start....It took me about 3 weeks to get an appointment. My appointment was for 2:00 I sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes. I inquired at the front desk as to why it was taking so long and the lady looked at me and said "honey I would be lying to you if I told you our appointments start on time". I was finally taken to my room, after sitting in my room for 20 minutes the nurse came in and started asking me questions. Then she left, after 5 minutes she returned and started asking me the intake questions again. She walked in and out 2 more times. She did apologized stating that they are switching over to paperless. After about 15 minutes the PA walked in and holy Moses he talked a mile a minute wrote some things down circled the room and shook my hand and left. Then Dr. Dooner came in, he was very nice explained everything he wanted to do with pain management and asked and answered all my questions. So i decided to go with him for my procedure. So after a two and a half hour appointment I set up a date for the procedure. Which was a week later. Day of procedure I arrived 10 minutes early for my 940 appointment at approximately 1015 they called me back. As soon as I got to my room the nurse asked me when I last ate or drank anything and I responded 9 this morning. The nurse stated that they should have told me not to eat or drink anything after midnight. (They did not). She stated that we would have to reschedule the appointment in a few weeks and try again. At this point I walked out and now am searching for a Dr./office staff that actually cares about me and the amount of pain I am in.
39 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
St Lukes Hospital
Dr. John J Dooner accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- HAP Preferred PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsSvmc Center Pain Clinic, 2222 Cherry St Ste M800, Toledo, OH
Dr. John J Dooner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toledo, OH.