Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Doppelheuer
Dr. John Doppelheuer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mc Lean, VA, with other offices in Annandale, VA and Reston, VA . He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Doppelheuer is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital and Fairfax Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. John Doppelheuer has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Doppelheuer is a great physician and a very nice person to boot!! He was very understanding, caring and compassionate. I would still be seeing him as a patient if it weren't for the fact that I moved clear across the country. I would recommend him to any woman seeking gynecological services. You won't be disappointed.
Dr. Doppelheuer is top-notch professionalism as is his extremely capable staff. Linda and Marlene always scheduled a convenient appt. for me and Nancy, the nurse was so pleasant and had a nice calming effect.I would recommend Dr. Doppelheuer in a heartbeat. The only I no longer see him as my gynecologist is because I moved to Arizona. I used to commute from Maryland to see him; I wish I still could...I would. He is a wonderful doctor and person.
Dr. Doppeleheuer is a wonderful doctor. He delivered my son 11 years ago and i have been going to him ever since. He performed my surgery to get my ovary removed earlier this year and my recovery has been great. He is very knowledgeable, skilled, very thorough and has a great bedside manner. His office staff is wonderful. This is a great doctor and I plan on seeing him for all my gyn needs. Great doctor, great staff.
Dr. Doppelheuer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Inova Fairfax Hospital
39 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1978
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. John Doppelheuer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. John Doppelheuer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mc Lean, VA.