Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John J Doria has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 10
This doctor is the most caring, tuned-in, genuinely concerned doctor I've ever had. He spends whatever time is necessary with the patient to get the full picture, instead of doing a quick once-over and rushing to the next patient. Rarely, this has resulted in my having to wait a little longer in the waiting room, but I know that he will spend whatever time is necessary to deal with my issues thoroughly, and that is the trade-off. He has tremendous experience and diagnostic intuition. He has been able to pin point my health issues when others couldn't.
What an awesome family doctor. He has been around for a long time and has so much experience, you just can't go wrong. He is truely the best family doctor in San Diego. I would highly recommend him to friends or family.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008, 2013, 2011, 2016, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
60 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1958
Scripps Mercy Hospital
Dr. John J Doria accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohn J Doria Md, 2760 5th Ave Ste 205, San Diego, CA
Dr. John J Doria is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.