Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. John D Douthit Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. John D Douthit Jr has the following 12 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Diabetes Complications
- Weight Loss
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. John D Douthit Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John D Douthit Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I feel he needs to go back to school or retire. He carrys around a book to look up a RX to give you. All the girls that work there are snotty and rude. God forbid if you need anything if they are playing their games on the computer. The office is so dirty. One thing good is there is no waiting list. Coz nobody goes there.
Literally the worst doctor I have ever seen. Most Physicians' Assistants I've visited give better care than this supposed "doctor". Refers me to a specialist for literally every problem I visit for. Makes me come in and pay a copay just to get refills of long-term medications just to make more money. The only thing he seems genuinely concerned about is that everyone become a vegetarian like him, and buy some book that the majority of his medical advice comes from.
Dr. Douthit is awkward, lacks confidence, does not provide sufficient care and is very hard to schedule with. Every time I have seen him I have told him what I suspect is wrong with me, and he does nothing more to exam my suspicions, he just writes a prescription. He rude, speaks to his patients in a degrading tone and is in my opinion, a boarder line quack!
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
26 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. John D Douthit Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDouthit Family Medicine, 9981 Washington St Ste 24, Thornton, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John D Douthit Jr, DO - Family Medicine in Thornton, CO, in this video.
Dr. John D Douthit Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Thornton, CO.