Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Duguid
Dr. John Duguid, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Indianapolis, IN, with another office in Indianapolis, IN. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology. Dr. Duguid is affiliated with Clarian West Medical Center, Clarian Health - Methodist Hospital and William N Wishard Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. John Duguid has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. John Duguid has the following 4 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 2 of 2
My mother has a rare disease that only affects 1 in 10 million people. It is called dystonia and it causes her to spasm severely. It can hit at anytime, whether she is relaxed or stressed. Her spasms are debilitating and she can't lead a normal life. Dr Duguid sees her so she can get the Botox shots that help control her face and neck muscles when she spasms. He is not a nice person to her and put in her medical record that she possibly has Munchausens syndrome and conversion disorder. I live with my mom and see everyday, firsthand, the ways her muscles contort and the noises that come from her diaphragm sqeezing. I help her when she starts to spasm and her body can't hold itself up because of the energy that the spasms take from her. For years, I have been denied my childhood because people like Dr. Duguid tell my mom that she is crazy. I know that a body cannot do the things that I have seen my mom's do, on its own. It is utterly impossible. This man has slandered my mom's name and made a fool of her for having a disease she cannot control. His bedside manner is crude and he had no qualms, whatsoever, about telling my mom that she was lying about her uncontrollable muscle movement. Fortunately, I have not had the displeasure of meeting this man in person, but when the time comes, I hope he will see that patients are more than the next paycheck and they actually have feelings.
Dr. Duguid is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Clarian West Medical Center
Clarian Health - Methodist Hospital
William N Wishard Memorial Hospital
Indiana University Hospital
Wishard Memorial Hospital
Riley Hospital For Children
Clarian Health Partners
Wishard Health Services
32 Years Experience
University of Chicago
Graduated in 1981
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. John Duguid is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.