Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Dundas
Dr. John Dundas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Needham, MA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Dundas is affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham Campus, Inc.L CORP, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Beth Israel Deaconess Needham. He speaks English.
Dr. John Dundas has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. John Dundas has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. John Dundas has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John Dundas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
I was a patient of Dr. Dundas in the 1980's, meeting weekly for over 6 months. He was a great listener, which, combined with thoughtful questioning, helped me sort out what was going on. Looking back, I can say without exaggerating that his counseling and analysis may have saved my life. He was a young man back then, but he had great wisdom and kindness.
Dr. Dundas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham Campus, Inc.L CORP
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Beth Israel Deaconess Needham
Massachusetts Mental Health Center
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham Medical Staff
42 Years Experience
Graduated in 1971
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions20 Chestnut St, Needham, MA
Dr. John Dundas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Needham, MA.