Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John T Dunlop has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Dunlop is by far the finest Dr. I have ever known. Caring, accurate in his diagnostic(s), patient, he has a deep interest in maintaining my health at its highest level. I feel blessed to have John Dunlop as my MD. Even though I have moved hundreds of miles away from the Zion Clinic I continue to maintain our Doctor /Patient relationship. That should be telling. I KNOW that Dr. Dunlop is the model that all young Docs should aspire toward and emulate.
Dr. Dunlop has been my doctor for 30 yrs.When I had a high risk pregnancy he worked with my OB and both doctors helped me have a healthy baby and kept me alive.If Dr. Dunlop needs to look something up he will call you the same night to let you know what's going on.When he retires, we just might follow him to where he goes. He is the best doctor my family could have had and I am thankful to him for his patience, time and knowledge.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
45 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. John T Dunlop accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsYale New Haven Geriatric Services, 874 Howard Ave Fl 1, New Haven, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John T Dunlop in this video.
Dr. John T Dunlop is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Haven, CT.