Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John E Carroll Jr MD
Dr. John E Carroll Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wausau, WI, with other offices in Wausau, WI and Antigo, WI . He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Dr. Carroll is affiliated with Aspirus Langlade Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. John E Carroll Jr has 3 locations
425 Pine Ridge Blvd Ste 220A
Wausau, WI 54401
2720 Plaza Dr Ste 1400
Wausau, WI 54401
Dr. John E Carroll Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. John E Carroll Jr has the following 15 expertise
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Lipid Disorders
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Dr. John E Carroll Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. John E Carroll Jr - Posted on March 21st, 2014
Outdated knowledge not in touch with up to date treatments. Will not listen, runs unnecessary tests, doesn't get prescriptions in on time. Cancels appointments and blames the patient.. Staff tries to blame the patient for their screw ups. Doesn't get back to patient with results. No follow up with treatment. Big waste of time and money. ASPIRUS is only interested in getting your money and not providing treatment in a timely manner or even at all.
Dr. Carroll is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1974
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. John E Carroll Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John E Carroll Jr, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Wausau, WI, in this video.
Dr. John E Carroll Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Wausau, WI.