Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John E Farmer has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Restless Legs Syndrome
Showing 5 of 19
Doctor Famer never goes to work much called in all the time with out letting in people no tell less minutes is staff are very rude and he takes your money and does not care about your health try to keep you on drugs so u get addicted just to take your money and if I where you men I watch out he might hit on you
Waynedboro needs you to take access back please drugs are bad in wsynesboro. No other doctor has ever understood me or helped me with mental health issue like you doc farmer!!!! Praying to god you return to old ways Their are no and mesn american mental health drs. Available. Its cynthia ( calimer) baker Do you know who checks on the safety of the underground railroads and caves beneath waynedboro? What about fall out shelter thats susposed to be beneath old 1st national bank building and one under helacopter landing when east junior high existed? Counting on you to do right thing!!!! God blesd Pray Didn, t want to face borough hall and get locked away some where!!! Got facebook page Cyndi calimer Please let me know if you read this!!! Pray
I have been with him for at least 10 years. I drive a distance and it's worth it. He takes time with his patients and really cares. There are not many doctors like him anymore. He spends time and really cares. Most doctors spend about 2 min. With you and don't care at all. Dr Farmer is special and takes care of his patients.
The previous reviews about Dr. Farmer's unpleasant staff put me off a bit about going to see him the first time. But now, after two office visits, I'm pleased to report that everyone was accommodating and pleasant, so the offending person must be gone. I'm glad because it's a shame when indifferent support staff create rocky paths to caring physicians, which is what Dr. Farmer certainly seems to be.
Dr. Farmer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. John E Farmer accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWaynesboro Medical Arts, 45 Roadside Ave, Waynesboro, PA
Dr. John E Farmer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waynesboro, PA.