Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. John E Hickey
Dr. John E Hickey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lebanon, OR, with other offices in Brownsville, OR and Albany, OR (and 1 other location). He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Hickey is affiliated with Sacred Heart Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John E Hickey has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. John E Hickey has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. John E Hickey has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John E Hickey is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 6
Probably one of the best experiences I've had with a doctor. We are lucky to have him in the area. I had somewhat unusual circumstances, and he worked dilligently to help me out...not to mention listened/discussed in depth everything that was going on with me to get the most accurate type of treatment. Thank you so much Dr. Hickey.
Dr. Hickey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Ventura County Mental Health Services Outpatient
Dr. John E Hickey accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
Locations & Directions
Dr. John E Hickey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lebanon, OR.