Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John E Jones has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. John E Jones has the following 12 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. John E Jones has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
I walked out on this Doctor. She refused to look at my file, as she is new. She had a bad attitude from the start. Did not want to anything except how I've been during the last 2 weeks. When I asked if she had briefly looked at my file, she replied, "I don't have time to go 10 years back". She did me more harm than she knows. Please do NOT see this Doctor.
Dr. Jones is practically ruining my life with a diagnosis of having schizophrenia. I tried to be optimistic about my future and he suggested that I get on SSI, give up trying to find a job (I have a bachelor's of science in biochemistry), and take inappropriate anti-psychotic medication that is bad for me. Whenever I bring up factual life circumstances, he says that I'm undergoing psychosis and am out of touch with reality. He is shallow and rude. I've been previously seeing a psychologist for 4 years and all I was diagnosed with was depression.
43 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Sc Medical Center
Dr. John E Jones accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & DirectionsUsc School Of Medicine, 3555 Harden Street Ext Ste 141, Columbia, SC
Dr. John E Jones is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.