Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. John Eckfeldt
Dr. John Eckfeldt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Pathology and Pathology. Dr. Eckfeldt is affiliated with University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview East Bank, Fairview University Med Ctr -U, Minneapolis, Mn and Mille Lacs Hospital, Onamia, Mn. He speaks English.
Dr. John Eckfeldt has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Pathology
If you’ve ever provided a urine or blood sample, you’ve worked with a clinical pathologist — you probably just didn’t know it. They work behind the scenes in laboratories to examine bodily fluid specimens and detect substances or diseases. This means they're required to have a comprehensive knowledge of disease and what it looks like under a microscope.
They provide test results to your doctor, who then makes an informed decision about your diagnosis and the best treatment options for you. Without the work of clinical pathologists, doctors technically wouldn’t be able to diagnose patients as accurately as we can today. It's also worth noting that clinical pathologists are different from anatomical pathologists, who analyze tissue taken from a biopsy or entire infected areas as well as whole body parts.
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Dr. John Eckfeldt is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
There are no reviews for Dr. John Eckfeldt yet. Be the first to review this doctor!
Dr. Eckfeldt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview East Bank
Fairview University Med Ctr -U, Minneapolis, Mn
Mille Lacs Hospital, Onamia, Mn
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
41 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. John Eckfeldt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Preferred One PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Minnesota Medical Center, 420 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN
Dr. John Eckfeldt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.