Dr. John J Engemann Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. John J Engemann?

Smartest doctor I ever met

Dr. Engemann treated me for complications resulting from a hospital-acquired infection. I found him to be friendly, caring and communicative. But his strength lies in his diagnostic ability. He has an intense intellectual curiosity and a great patience with detail. This combined with his native intelligence makes him the perfect infection detective. It's a pleasure to watch him work. I'm retired now. In the 30 years I worked in hospitals, I came in contact with a lot of docs. He's the smartest of the bunch.

think twice

I went to Dr. Engemann to be evaluated for Bartonella. I had been quite ill, and all of my labs and imaging tests were coming back normal, so my family doctor referred me to Duke ID for further evaluation. Based on my signs and symptoms, I was pretty sure I had Bartonella, and I requested Dr. Engemann test me for the disease. I was tested through an independent lab that I paid for out-of-pocket, since the lab does not accept insurance. Upon filling out the paperwork, I checked off the box that requested the lab forward me a copy of the test results. Upon receiving the results in the mail, I realized they were positive for Bartonella. I called Dr. Engemann's office and told his nurse that I wished to speak to him about my Bartonella test results. She told me that the results were negative. At first I was a bit puzzled because I had the results in front of me and they were indeed positive. Dr. Engemann then gets on the telephone and also stated that my test results were negative. I told him that the lab had sent me a copy of the results and that they read positive. He was surprised and taken back at the same time. This stunt was nothing but another proliferative ploy by mainstream medicine to further conceal the existence as well as the seriousness of a systemic chronic disease like Bartonella, which is deadly if not properly diagnosed and treated in a timely manner. There is an abundance of peer-reviewed research on PubMed about Bartonella, so it is not like it is new. The disease is transmitted by animal reservoirs such as felines, but it is also transmitted by sand flies, lice and ticks. Bartonella is not as uncommon as many would like to believe - it is just that most people who have it, while they are quite ill, go undiagnosed or misdiagnosed for long periods of time due to the blatant lack of education and awareness regarding this disease which is extremely difficult to eradicate. It is also a stealth pathogen which is extremely difficult to detect in the blood, and testing through a private lab is usually required.