Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John M Englehardt
Dr. John M Englehardt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Raleigh, NC, with another office in Raleigh, NC. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Englehardt has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John M Englehardt has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John M Englehardt has the following 6 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
Dr. John M Englehardt has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
dad had been to several cardiologist and none of them helped him dr englehardt saved my dads life he is a great doctor with a wonderful bedside monitor he takes the time to explain everything and never makes you feel like he is in a hurry I would highly recommend!thank you dr englehart and may god bless you in every way.
A great doctor. He was professional but still nice. He diagnosed a problem that I had spent a 11 months & $16,000 with other doctors with no solution.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
33 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital
Dr. John M Englehardt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Coventry Carelink - Duke Medicine Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. John M Englehardt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.