Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John F Alston MD
Dr. John F Alston, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Evergreen, CO. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. John F Alston has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. John F Alston has the following 12 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 1 of 1
Find someone else
Self-verified patient of Dr. John F Alston - Posted on July 1st, 2016
Despite his previous diagnosis of clinical depression, he decided I must be mildly bipolar due to the fact I had good days and bad days. After three different mood stabilizers and several hundred dollars worth of visits, I was once again severely depressed. When I told him this, instead of reviewing the 16 years of mostly good responces to antidepressants he had sitting in his lap, he stuck with his bipolar diagnosis and basically told me it was my own fault because I wasn't getting enough exercise. I cried all the way home while I wandered if my depression hadn't been my own fault all along. Took me a while to remember I had tried exercises before and it had only helped a little. Turns out very nearly every patient who walked though his door that year was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Every psychiatrist I have seen since then has sort of weakly laughed and said, "your not bipolar". He saw me when I was a kid too, and I never liked him or trusted him, which I also figured was all my fault. I realize now that in order to correctly diagnose a child with anything, you have to first earn their trust so they can tell you exactly what is going on. He never made any effort to do that. I only remember having a feeling of guilt and trepidation every time I left his office as a small child, and now I have a distrust of psychiatrists in general. I don't care how far you have to drive, find someone else.
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. John F Alston Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. John F Alston's office for more information.
30752 Southview Dr Ste 100 Evergreen, CO : (303) 670-0926
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. John F Alston is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Evergreen, CO.