Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John F Hamilton
Dr. John F Hamilton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Park Ridge, IL. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Blood Banking & Transfusion Medicine, Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology and Pathology. Dr. Hamilton is affiliated with Loyola University Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John F Hamilton has the following 3 specialties
- Blood Banking & Transfusion Medicine
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Dr. John F Hamilton has the following 4 expertise
- Tissue Biopsy
- Blood Testing
- Fluid Testing
Dr. John F Hamilton has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John F Hamilton is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Hamilton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Fairview University Medical Center
Dr. John F Hamilton accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAdvocate Lutheran General Hospital, 1775 Dempster St, Park Ridge, IL
Dr. John F Hamilton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Park Ridge, IL.