Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John F Johnson
Dr. John F Johnson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mount Pleasant, SC. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Johnson is affiliated with Roper Hospital and East Cooper Regional Medical Center. Dr. Johnson has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John F Johnson has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Nerve Damage
- Physical Therapy Modalities
- Sports Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- Surgery Recovery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
My initial interview with Dr. Johnson and his PA was wonderful and very complete. He came highly recommended, 11 friends had surgery and one friend was seeing him the day after me. Everything happened quickly for them, they saw the doctor, got calls, scheduled surgery, had the surgery and on to recovery. There was a hold up for one, as she had trouble with her insurance. I saw Dr. Johnson, we made a plan and I still have not gotten a call from his office, without calling myself and having someone call me back. So far, this has happened twice. I had to see another doctor for clearance but would never have known that if I had not called at the insistence of the friend who saw him the day after me. By the way, she has already had surgery and is recovering nicely. Dr. Johnson is great but he needs a staff who matches his enthusiasm. At the end of the day, he is not the one keeping patients happy and recommending him to others by word of mouth, it's patients like me who have to call them, lest be forgotten. I have an appointment with Dr. Johnson, that I called and made, so maybe I can see where I stand in this process. Dr. Johnson A+, staff D-
I was able to return to work and feel so much better within a few weeks! He seemed to really care about my problem and spent lots of time listening to me and diagnosing my problem!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Johnson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Medical University Of South Carolina
Dr. John F Johnson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSoutheastern Spine Institute, 1106 Chuck Dawley Blvd, Mount Pleasant, SC
Dr. John F Johnson is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Mount Pleasant, SC.