More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John F Mclaughlin
Dr. John F Mclaughlin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seattle, WA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Developmental - Behavioral Pediatrics and Pediatrics. Dr. Mclaughlin is affiliated with Mary Bridge Children's Hospital & Health Center, Valley General Hospital and University Of Washington Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John F Mclaughlin has the following 2 specialties
- Developmental - Behavioral Pediatrics
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. John F Mclaughlin has the following 20 expertise
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Mental Retardation
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Muscle Spasticity
- Neural Tube Defects
- Cerebral Palsy
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Diseases
- Spinal Injuries
Dr. John F Mclaughlin has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John F Mclaughlin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Mclaughlin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
University Of Washington Medical Center
Dr. John F Mclaughlin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Providence Swedish WA
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera VA Mason Med Center: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Evergreen Health Partners
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSeattle Childrens Hospital, 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John F Mclaughlin in this video.
Dr. John F Mclaughlin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.