The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John F Obrien has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr seems more interested in telling jokes and boring the patient w/ his family stories than the needs of the patient. Very confident and no doubt knowledgable - just not present. Also, questional billing methods. If the diagnosis on the billing statement doesn't match the service you get in the office and his staff threatens to turn you over to collections anyway - RUN!!
Dr. O'Brien is a very experienced doctor, and I highly recommend him to anyone in need of a dermatologist. He has detected two melanomas on my skin while they were still in situ. I am a young father of two girls with a son on the way, and Dr. O'Brien was extremely proactive and understanding of my concerns. He was also very thorough in my exams and in my treatment.
This was my first time seeing Dr. O'Brien. He is nice and jokes around a lot, which can come off as unprofessional to some. I have read the other reviews on here, and maybe persons of color have a less favorable experience with him than I did (I'm white, female, about 30 years old). He seemed a bit condescending, but no more so than most older male doctors I have seen. When I was there his clientele seemed to be mostly elderly white men and women. I must say the office staff was very friendly, and they were able to get me in for an appointment faster than other places I tried.
- New York Medical College
New York Medical College
Dr. John F Obrien accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAtlanta Skin & Cancer Clinic, 2910 N Druid Hills Rd NE Ste N, Atlanta, GA
Dr. John F Obrien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.