Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John D Faichney MD
Dr. John D Faichney, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Traverse City, MI, with another office in Traverse City, MI. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. John D Faichney has 2 locations
Dr. John D Faichney has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John D Faichney has the following 17 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Pregnancy Complications
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Pituitary Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
Dr. John D Faichney is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
A Doctor of Distinction and Excellence
Self-verified patient of Dr. John D Faichney - Posted on November 2nd, 2018
Dr. Faichney is a very caring, compassionate doctor who listens to you and advises a course of action regarding your diabetes. He always explains everything to make sure you understand what he is talking about and the best possible criteria to follow to help with your diabetes. His entire staff is a pleasure to work with!
45 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. John D Faichney Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John D Faichney, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Traverse City, MI, in this video.
Dr. John D Faichney is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Traverse City, MI.