Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John Feola has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 21
I have LOVED Dr Feola! He is optimistic, caring, has a good recall for details, affectionate, praising improvements, providing helpful solutions. He has been easy to reach and responsive. Sophie, his right hand "man" is quite human, helpful and apparently overworked. The new office is better, cleaner, no longer decrepit! But it is now boutique sized (small.) The reception used to be cursory now it is good. However, the last few months things have really fallen off but it's been really difficult to determine the cause. Is it they are overburdened? The staff? The troll owner Steve (an embarrassment all by himself)? Reaching anyone is difficult--the voice mailboxes are always full! Insurance authorizations are either not being completed, ignored or very untimely. The billing person Suzanne only works part-time and has, for me, paid me lip service about reprocessing insurance claims that failed but has not refiled despite specific requests after sitting down and reconciling with her Twice! There is an outside billing service. I have never been given contact information for them. The troll has embarrassed me in full view of the waiting room about past due amounts, never giving his name (Steve but troll to me) and cutting me off until the balance is paid down by me as they have not refiled to insurance monies.
I used to live in Northern Virginia and now live in Annapolis and I will not switch doctors simply because Dr. John Feola is not just a doctor who has been great through issues in my life, but someone who I look to as a comfort rather than pain to go see and that is very difficult to have when you think about going to see your doctor. I can't say enough good things about this man and his skills as a doctor and as a person.
Dr. Feola was recommended to my husband for a special concern. We drove an hour to see him. My husband took off work. We got a call 10 minutes before the appointment that it was cancelled and Dr. Feola was not coming in. We were already at the office. I went in and spoke with the office staff. They said this is typical behavior for Dr. Feola and he is not very reliable. We were really disappointed and would have appreciated a call at least 45 min. in advance. We were also surprised that the office staff said that sometimes he just doesn't come in. Very unprofessional.
Dr. Feola is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Georgetown Univ. Hospital
27 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. John Feola accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Surgical Group of No VA, 6400 Arlington Blvd, Falls Church, VA
Dr. John Feola is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Falls Church, VA.