Dr. John P Ferris Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John P Ferris Jr?

Dr. Ferris is great! You can really tell that he cares about kids. The appointment is all about them. As he focauses all of his attention on them and talks to them instead of just about them.

Not prompt or thorough but good surgeon

We were assigned to Dr. Ferris for surgery on our sons broken arm. We were told our surgery was scheduled at a certain time and we were prepped for surgery only to wait 2 hours for him to be taken back. We were told by his assistant (who is very nice) that surgery wasn't scheduled till an hour and a half after after the time we were told. This was very confusing, especially since all the nurses were told a certain time. My son started getting restless waiting that long. The surgery went well and we feel like Ferris did a great job. But the next day, we had to wait till 12:45 to see him before being dismissed. He was very vague about information. I opted out of the prescription for Lortab (my son is only 3) because it made him jittery. He said that Tylenol is next best thing. We left hospital and started thinking about the Tylenol. He just had surgery....are we supposed to give him the usual amount for his size? What amount of dosage do we give? I had to stop at a drugstore and ask a pharmacist what dosage to give. All in all, I think the guy means well, but falls short on being thorough with information and bedside manner. He has a dry sense of humor but kids seem to like him so that's good. Lol. I think he did an awesome job on surgery, but I wish he was more prompt and thorough.

Top Notch

This doc is very patient, and does well explaining procedures to his clients. A very knowledgeable and practiced surgeon. I worked with him and he is the best!