Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John H Frierson
Dr. John H Frierson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX, with another office in San Antonio, TX. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Frierson is affiliated with Frio Hospital, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital and St Lukes Baptist Hospital. Dr. Frierson has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John H Frierson has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John H Frierson has the following 16 expertise
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. John H Frierson has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. John H Frierson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I felt weird being young and overweight and having heart problems already, but the Dr. made me feel very comfortable and helped me realize I do have control over my health. I can now say after seeing him my blood pressure is normal, I can walk more than I could when I was in high school . He is not just a doctor he is an Angel. Thank you Dr. and your wonderful staff they made me feel normal again. Great smiles all around. :-)
I had been having chest pains and was referred to dr frierson. His staff was very polite and helpful but dr frierson is the rudest dr I have ever seen. He made me feel as though I was bothering him and he had no patience what so ever. He is even rude to his staff and nurses. Very unprofessional. I'm suppose to go back for a follow up but that is definitly not happening. I have scheduled an appt with another cardiologist.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Frierson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1982
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. John H Frierson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - Innovative Health
- Imagine Health Innovative Health
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John H Frierson in this video.
Dr. John H Frierson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.