Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John R Froude has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Weight Loss
- Hepatitis C
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I have known and been treated by Dr. Froude for many years, he also treated my husband well and thoroughly prior to his untimely death from unrelated heart disease. I am very particular about choosing any physician as I have some serious health problems and know the extreme variations of competency among doctors, as with any profession. I have always found Dr. Froude to be extremely informative, discuss all possibilities with me regarding treatments and avenues, to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of my other health conditions which are outside his area of specialty, to respect me as someone who deserves to be an informed participant in any health care decisions. Yes, I have occasionally had to wait for longer periods than I might wish, but I appreciate that when it is my turn, he will give me as much time as I want and need. He may be a little quirky, but he is caring and extremely competent and I consider myself fortunate to be his patient.
They took me in minutes after arriving, after which I sat in the exam room for almost 45 minutes starting the actual appointment. When I attempt to discuss my symptoms, he talks and talks without end. He does not seem focused on getting the job done thoroughly. He makes quick judgments without giving explanations. He seems to have no ability to listen to me give my list of symptoms. He quickly rules out possibilities which are presented, following only his narrow view of your health, like a horse with blinders, afraid to address a wider perspective. Froude uses his doctorate as a way to bolster his own pride and pretends that his quick, rash conclusions are trustworthy. This abuse of his title leaves uneducated people feeling confused, and gives them no choice, but to trust him. I recommend to stay away from his practice as a whole. (Admittedly helpful staff, but that does NOT balance this MD's incompetence.) He enjoys chatting to patients about non-medical subjects, but when it is time to address your health, he will not truly accept your uneducated, non-board-certified statements unless they are supported by expensive tests. His friendliness does nothing to outweigh his incompetence. In conclusion, an MD who is not thorough in his examination of a patient is liable to make dire mistakes which could result in lasting damage to the patient. The highest rating goes to the friendly & knowledgable ladies at the desk, not the MD. I advise you to avoid this practice. Froude might be a good man to share a scotch, but he is not the right man to share medical information.
Dr. Froude is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Dr. John R Froude accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Associates Hudson Valley, 360 Washington Ave, Kingston, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John R Froude in this video.
Dr. John R Froude is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kingston, NY.